AMD Business Brokers operates as a business intermediary, acting as agents for Sellers of businesses in Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse and their surrounding counties. Since 1983, AMD has brokered hundreds of business transactions, ranging from small leases to multi-million dollar transfers. AMD Business Brokers has, since 2012, sold 201 businesses at a total value of $29,173,872.00.
Along with a knowledgeable and experienced sales staff, AMD Business Brokers possesses superior skills in the following areas:
- Marketing your business in order to maximize business exposure, utilizing a protocol that includes:
- Professional advertisements prepared by experts.
- Generic advertising on national internet Business for Sale sites including Bizquest, BizBuySell, BusinessBroker.net and other similar websites.
- A synopsis of your business published at com, a professionally created website, for the duration of your listing.
- Use of LoopNet.com website for listings that include real estate, LoopNet.com requires that addresses be disclosed for all listings, this requirement precludes usage for listings that are “confidential” in nature. Seller must agree that information can be publicly disclosed.
- Preparation of a detailed profile that generically describes your business for distribution to qualified buyers.
- Advertising in community newspapers when required.
- Use of trade publications.
- Direct mail and email to businesses with similar SIC numbers.
- Networking referrals.
- Presentation of your business to prospects currently on file, previous customers, friends of previous customers and referrals from various sources.
- Placing a value on the business, if required, following valuation techniques and practices accepted by Accountants, Attorneys and Financial Institutions that include:
- Business Reference Guide
- Business ValuTrax (Business Brokerage Press Inc.)
- Comparative analysis
- Maintaining absolute and complete confidentiality, protecting the information provided by sellers from competitors and employees and requiring all prospective buyers to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, prior to receiving information that identifies your business.
- Prequalifying all prospective purchasers before they visit the seller’s business establishment or review any financial information by:
- Reviewing their financial statements to determine if they have enough money or resources to purchase the business.
- Creating a financial profile using savings accounts, income and expenses and verification of information provided verbally.
- Using superior negotiating skills to obtain the highest possible price and terms for the seller, and successfully holding the transaction together during the critical “Due Diligence” process.
- Providing buyer with support services to assure that transaction closes on a timely basis by:
- Working with municipalities and government agencies, whenever required to obtain licenses, permits, etc. (For example, providing assistance with Beer or Liquor License applications.)
- Creating financial plans for purchaser and assisting with business plans.
- Providing the buyer of your business with expert loan origination services and handling all facets of the process that includes:
- Preparation of a new Business Plan or updating an existing plan.
- Review of existing financial information to assure that adequate resources are available.
- Creation/modification of financial projections and cash flow projections.
- Assembly of the complete Loan Package in an organized and professional manner and submittal to appropriate lending institutions.
- Interface and follow-up with lending institutions to bring loan to a closing
- Making presentations, if necessary, on the purchaser’s behalf to seller and his support team, lending institutions, SBA and other governmental agencies or private investors.
- Commercial real estate services are available through a “sister company”, AMD Commercial Realty. Paul Seeger is the Licensed Real Estate Broker and Stephen DiPaolo and Stuart Levy are Licensed Real Estate Sales Persons. The firm takes advantage of proven marketing systems that include targeted database marketing, direct mail, print advertising, MLS and the Internet. We work with the seller to develop a customized marketing plan that can be conducted in confidence or marketed using more traditional means.
- Stephen DiPaolo, Stuart Levy, and Paul Seeger, and Sarah Burton, have been independent business owners and/or managers and have personally experienced the purchase and start-up of several businesses. They are skilled negotiators in direct sales of small and medium-size retail, service and manufacturing businesses.
Sandra McNamara, our Office Manager, handles all of the office tasks, Web site marketing, processing of all listings, and maintains all databases.
AMD Business Brokers is sensitive to the needs of independent business people, like you, and continually provides professional services of the highest quality. The primary goal of AMD Business Brokers is to create a sales partnership that benefits you, the Seller, and assists you in reaching your financial goals.
Stuart Levy brings over 25 years of experience in the Hospitality industry. He has owned, operated and consulted on many successful operations. Stuart is a graduate of Monroe Community College with a degree in Restaurant Management. He has strong negotiating skills and is very committed to both Buyers and Sellers through the process of business transactions. Stuart became a Partner and Officer at AMD Business Brokers in 2015.
Paul Seeger brings a wide range of business knowledge and experience to AMD Business Brokers. He has owned businesses, managed businesses for others, and sold real estate. He has been a commercial real estate broker since 2000, a financial advisor/stock broker, and most recently was a commercial property manager for Mark IV Enterprises. As a Business Broker at AMD, Paul will also work on commercial real estate brokerage, mostly dealing with focusing on investment properties and retail spaces for clients.
Sarah Burton brings over 15 years of experience in operations management, customer service support, and strategic marketing. She has an MBA in Business from Keuka College, and is a Notary public for the State of New York.